Enterprise Resource Planning, ERP is a group of systems of information that allows the integration between the operations to improve daily activities of the company, and is composed of multiple modules that manage every area of the company.
It works like an integrated system that has a centralized database, this helps to the flow of information inside the company.
With the implementation of an enterprise resource planning system, the planning of resources is easier, even the human resources processes, the most of the ERP systems can do the integration in all the company, do operations in real time that let you know the future problems and solve it at time, also you can create a comun database that all your team can access.
We recommend you: Learn about outsourcing business processes: IT Staffing
With the ERPs, you can:
- Do financial integrations inside the company: The sales, accounting and other departments of the company, and you will have numbers without mistakes and monthly summaries faster.
- Build structures with the information of the customers: You can access some CRM tools and do the following of the customers, and obtain a lot of data of the interaction between the customers and the company.
- Facilitate the presentation of documents to the administration: The ERP system is a tool that generates the necessary documents of every department.
- Simplify the information inside the Human Resources department: If your company is in continuous growth, the communication with the employees, do the following of the hours that they work. Also facilitate report generation, the following of bills, holidays requests, permissions, certificates, and other processes.
- Improve the operative efficiency: You can have a central board that lets the supervisor see from the commercial reports, to the next product that is going to go out to the market.
- Make better decisions with all the data that the ERP tools collect for you: With the knowledge of the customers, and the behavior of your employees, you can design strategies that fit perfectly to your company and reach the goals that your company has.
In an ERP system you can find various modules that can fit with every department of your company, there are some examples:
Records management: you can access predictive tools, operations programmatic, and active planification.
Sales: The supervisor can see the interactions between the advisers and the customers or leads, also the advisers can access effective sales strategies, management of the requests, billing, and sales support.
Finances: With an ERP you can automate financial activities inside the company, also see the process of the bills, pays and generate financial reports.
Human resources: The area manager can access basic information like, hours, attendance, payroll, even the expertise that the employee has inside the company.
ERP in a cloud
The ERP implementation that is based on a cloud, in general includes a cloud provider, but you can use a public or private cloud, it depends on the investment that you want to make. This model is the most popular, for its low costs, more stability, agility, and easier integration.
It is the traditional way to do an implementation, the ERP is a software that has to be installed on the equipment of the company. The installation, configuration and maintenance of the software are a responsibility of the functionaries. The principal benefit of this model is the control of all the functionalities for the company that acquires the service.
It is a mix of the two last types, one part of the data or information is on the cloud and other on-premise. Another way to know it is two level ERP.
Basic functions that the ERP must have before the implementation
There are some characteristics that you have to find in the enterprise resource planner, before implementing it in your company.
- The tool has three types of ERP (Cloud, On-premise, Hybrid ERP).
- A database useful, complete and easy to use for all departments inside the company.
- Functions, coins, practices and support in different languages and available for different companies.
- Tools that offer you the necessary reports and smart strategies for any type of business.
- A low or non code platform that means a long term investment.
- Visual presentation of the key information, KPI recommendations, and analytics that lets you make better and faster decisions.
- New technologies, updates if it is necessary, AI support and digital assistant.
- Services that let you automate repetitive tasks (in some cases this service is supported by AI or machine learning).
- Good design that facilitates the use of the software.
We recommend you: Marketing automation is perfect to reach the marketing goals
You can access an ERP consulting service to know which is the perfect model for your company.
As you see, an ERP model has tools that the human resources department can use perfectly to manage all the daily activities, and the outsourcing business processes.
Working with experts in the outsourcing or staff augmentation model could be difficult to some companies that have never applied this model before, that is why implementing an ERP starts to be a good option.
The processes that you can improve in the human resources area with an ERP are:
Incorporation: Help the new employees to know the company better and their new charge.
Internal communication: With an ERP in your company, you can facilitate the communication between the employees and manage the holidays and requests processes.
Documentation: An ERP system helps the functionaries to manage the documentation related to the charges, salary settlements, contracts, annexes and others.
Personnel management: All that is related to the personnel, historial of their jobs, their abilities, salary, and others.
Formation: You can manage the material that you will use in the capacitations, also manage the processes and bills.
Having an ERP and hiring software development outsourcing, staff augmentation, is a way to ensure the full control of the activities of the company and the activities of the professionals that you hire.
SQDM works continually to offer you quality staff augmentation services in Salesforce implementation, contact us.