We share the State of Professional Software Testing 2015-2016 – an analysis of survey results collected by the firm Techwell among 529 software professionals, including testers, managers, developers, analysts and consultants and which suggests that the testing profession is not going to disappear; it’s just going to be different.
The study refers to six key findings:
- Software testing is not dead
- Organizations use software testers and will continue to do so
- The roles and responsibilities of tester are evolving
- Testers want to continue running software tests
- DevOps practices and app development for mobile devices continue to grow
- Quality is high and post-release defects are low
The five major trends we see shaping the profession are 1) adapting testing to agile methodologies, 2) driving testers into more technical roles, 3) the growing impact of DevOp practices on software testing, 4) increasing focus on test automation, and 5) requiring testers to have greater mastery and business knowledge.
SQDM has significant experience within its QA line and includes among its software testing projects important companies such as Cafam, Empresa de Telecomunicaciones de Bogotá-ETB and Corficolombiana.
Read the complete report here
También disponible en: Spanish