A social media strategy is the process that let any company use the available digital resources to generate the most benefits possible of social media platforms and reach goals from digital platforms.
The base that in general is used on those strategies, are the main marketing objectives of the company, all objectives plan most to be defined from the SMART study, since it helps to create concrete objectives that really helps to create effective strategies, all from the following attributes:
- Specific: The idea is that the objective has a concrete achievement, a bigger objective, without limits, can be really difficult to reach or create a lot of confusion to develop of the strategy, so you start to plan actions that are not related to the real objective and lose resources in vain.
- Measurable: Reaching your goals is important, but you must have activities that create measurable results, for example, the objective is to create a digital community, one of the measurable results is the growth of followers in your social networker the reach of the profile inside the social network.
- Achievable: Remember that your objectives must be realistic, that is to say, if you are starting with social media, and you want to have a million organic followers in a month, it is almost impossible. Analyze your profiles and study which actions you can do without damage the good things that you already do.
- Relevant: The objectives that you propose to your strategy, must have to be aligned with the general objectives of your company, this to avoid bad actions or waste of resources.
- Time-bound: The limit dates on all activities of the complete strategy, even the strategy should have it, it facilitates the following of all steps and results.
Social media strategy marketing
In a social media marketing campaigns, you resume all activities and objectives that you have or want to reach. A strategy let you create a guide, and pustule specific steps that will help you to reach a specific objective.
Social channel strategies, in general, are based on quality content generation, that create value to the users that find content based on their favorite products, and depending on the objective, create more engagement, gain followers, more interaction with your social networks, increase sales and others.
Social media is one of the most secure channels to have success, since you can reach a lot of people of the market that you want to achieve, if you do a good job in segmentation, communication, design and others you will reach your goals easily.
With social media networks, you can:
- Create emotional connection between customers and brands to increase loyalty.
- Let brands generate quality content to their communities and facilitate the sharing and popularization of content.
- Increase real engagement of the customers with dynamic and personalized digital actions.
- Facilitate interaction with the target audiences and find new unexplored targets.
How to create an effective strategy?
- Define clear objectives.
- Study all digital channels that can be part of your strategy.
- Select and create a complete target, then plan the actions that you are going to do.
- Select a correct type of content that you will share with your target.
- Analyze all actions that are developing and, remember to take actions or do corrections in real time (This is easier if you have marketing automation tools).
Develop a social media strategy
Now, it is important to know how to create a good social media marketing strategy, starting with the basic steps:
Choose goals that you can reach with the strategy
Creating a social media strategy is really important to have good presence on digital channels, so you can use the SMART analysis to set goals, is the perfect way to start any strategy, but in case of social media, after this analysis, you can start monitoring the metrics of your social media, this is how you can have real values, so you can measure interactions, clicks and conversion rate.
So in this case, there are some examples of relation of the values and objectives:
- Reach: if you want to have bigger community.
- Interaction: if you want to increase the engagement of your community.
- Followers: If you want to know the size of your community.
Remember that your goals must have to be realistic, and achievable, that is the reason that you have to do a complete analysis of your brand and the digital situation, the importance of create objectives is that impulse the growing of the brand, and company in general.
We recommend to you: Lead nurturing and Lead scoring in Salesforce
Select your target
Not only people that you want to reach, also the people that you already have in your community, this facilitates the creation of an expected target and strong community.
The principal data that is important to know about the target could be: age, location, interests, language, in case of B2B companies the professional profile, size of the company and the profiles that take purchasing decisions.
In social media, you can access to this information, and other data related to your target, this can help you to understand how they interact with your brand, so you can learn to take inspiration to create effective communications.
Learn about your competitors
They have social media or not? How are the communications? They have an interacting community? With these questions, you can learn more about the management of digital actions of your competitors.
Visiting the digital profiles of your competitors, you can learn what are they doing well or not, and the expectations of the users inside the industry that you belong, know what works and does not works, also you can take some inspiration of content, or have ideas to create disruptive posts that could like.
Analyze the social networks that your brand have
After you have the competitors’ analysis, you can start to learn more about your profiles, how is your target audience, how is the interaction with the followers, and other insights important to develop the strategies.
Are your team doing something wrong? Do you do something similar to competitors? Are designs really eye-catching for users?
Do all questions that you need, to learn every about your social media profiles and start to strengthen weak parts.
Create a journal with posts and new ideas
Keep ideas that you have, based on the information that you recollect, and organize it on a journal preferably one journal for social network, remember that each social network works different, and has a prime time to post.
All posts that you create must have an objective, do not publish only to have posts if it does not create value, it is better to wait, and take time to create a good post. Remember that the design and format of posts is really important to attract new followers or people interested in your profile.
Monitor performance of your digital actions
Anything is perfect, so it is important to monitor all actions that we create, so if you see that some action is working you can apply it in others and see reaction of your followers or new community.
To your digital marketing based on social networks, and strategies that are related to others channels, it is very useful to have a marketing automation tools that could notify if something is wrong or give to you recommendations to improve content and decisions that you could take.
Implement technology in your strategies to let you have all actions monitored, speed up marketing activities and make them more effective.
With marketing automation tools, you can facilitate actions and decisions related to:
- Email marketing automation and improve interactions.
- Re-attraction of your community.
- Automate repetitive processes.
- Convert social media as community that can improve your sales or do mouth-to-mouth marketing.
Salesforce is a software marketing automation, perfect to develop multichannel marketing strategies.
Salesforce, as an automation software, has a complete ecosystem that involves tools that help to facilitate processes inside customer service, marketing and sales, and others.
In this case, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, is the perfect platform to improve the marketing strategies and actions based on the customer data, since it recollects all the information of your current followers and users that can be part of your community, and transform it to insights that help your team to create better strategies.
With Salesforce Marketing Cloud, you can manage strategies in:
- Creation of content to digital channels and social media.
- SMS marketing.
- Social networks and social media channels management.
- Management of contacts, customer journeys and others.
SQDM is a company that count with a complete expert team to do the implementation of platforms like Salesforce Marketing Cloud, we analyze all your needs and implement Marketing cloud so that fits perfectly to start working as soon as possible.
Improve the execution of your marketing strategies with marketing cloud, and implement this platform hand to hand with experts like SQDM.